Wednesday, September 16, 2009
This year, Canvas is also hoping to publish its content onto its very own website, but we need YOU to make this happen! Canvas is seeking an experienced web designer to join our team. If you are a creative individual and have experience with web publishing software please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Monday, February 2, 2009
Canvas, McGill's undergraduate Art History journal, needs a Cover Artist! We are looking for someone to come up with creative, eye-catching images for the front and back covers of the next issue of Canvas. Please send images of your work to email@example.com. You can either submit the piece that you wish to show in Canvas, or submit previous works that exemplify your style.
DEADLINE: Friday, February 20th, 2009.
- 500 words minimum - 1500 words maximum.
- Any images accompanying your article must be sent separately in jpg format (not embedded in your word document).
- Please send high quality images.
- Didactic information accompanying images (artist, title, date, medium, size, collection, etc.)
- Abstract: please include with your submission a few sentences summarizing your article.
- About the author: a sentence indicating your fields of concentration, academic year, and academic interests.
- Citations: Chicago Style endnotes.
- Academic papers must have received a letter grade of A- or higher.
- High quality images (resolution 300 pixels/inch)
- Artist's statement: one or two sentences about your work submitted.
- Didactic information accompanying images: artist, title, medium, size, etc.
Get PUBLISHED and share your ideas and works with the University!
Send us your academic or creative articles, images of your artworks, or any inquiries! Common submissions include exhibition, film, or book reviews; interviews; creative pieces; essays; photography; paintings; drawings; sculpture.
Don't know what to write about, but know you want to contribute? Email us and we will suggest a topic for you to cover.
In addition, this issue of Canvas is looking for a feature article! This article will be selected from all the submissions according to creativity of topic and skillful writing.
1500 words max. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: February 26th, 2009.